take care y'all
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
What I eat after tonsillectomy surgery?
- A lot of water, Gatorade, vitamin water and tea especially two days after surgery. I also like Popsicles, ice cream. Today is my third day and I can eat apple sauce, soft rice with soft chicken, macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes.
- The Dr. advices me to avoid foods like orange juice, grapefruit juice, tomato juice(all acidic juice), hot, spicy like fried chicken, pizza and chips.
I'm always thinking of food.......I'm soooooo hungry chicken, fish (lol).
What Medications I'm taking?
- Pain medications every 3-4 hours for the first 3-4 days.
- Medicated lollipops
- Suppository for feeling nausea and vomit
- Gargle peroxide 4x a day.
I'm so lucky to have the best and nicest Dr. He is always busy but he still have time to call me asking me how I'm doing.
My husband is very helpful through this sore time.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
They brought me to the surgery room around 10:30am and gave me shot to put me to sleep like sleeping beauty(lol). After an hour, I woke up feeling dizzy half awake and half a sleep with a sore throat. I even asked the nurse, "Is my surgery finished?" she said, "yes ma'am, you're in the recovery room now." oh boy! it seems I just took a long, deep nap.
Right now, My throat still sore- hopefully everything will be fine as the days go by.
If any one want to know about tonsillectomy: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/presentations/100122_1.htm
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009