Wednesday, July 22, 2009

After my tonsillectomy

After my tonsillectomy, my throat sore so bad! and it was so difficult to swallow. I feel nauseated and want to vomit.

What I eat after tonsillectomy surgery?
  • A lot of water, Gatorade, vitamin water and tea especially two days after surgery. I also like Popsicles, ice cream. Today is my third day and I can eat apple sauce, soft rice with soft chicken, macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes.
  • The Dr. advices me to avoid foods like orange juice, grapefruit juice, tomato juice(all acidic juice), hot, spicy like fried chicken, pizza and chips.

I'm always thinking of food.......I'm soooooo hungry chicken, fish (lol).

What Medications I'm taking?

  • Pain medications every 3-4 hours for the first 3-4 days.
  • Medicated lollipops
  • Tylenol
  • Antibiotics
  • Suppository for feeling nausea and vomit
  • Gargle peroxide 4x a day.

I'm so lucky to have the best and nicest Dr. He is always busy but he still have time to call me asking me how I'm doing.

My husband is very helpful through this sore time.

take care

No comments:

Post a Comment