Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Surgery

This morning I had my tonsil taken out(tonsillectomy). We arrived in the hospital around 8:00 am. They sent me to the room where I changed hospital clothes and they put IV on my left hand. I was so nervous but it made me felt relief to know there were 3 kids the Dr. operate before me. So, if those kids can do it, why can't I.

They brought me to the surgery room around 10:30am and gave me shot to put me to sleep like sleeping beauty(lol). After an hour, I woke up feeling dizzy half awake and half a sleep with a sore throat. I even asked the nurse, "Is my surgery finished?" she said, "yes ma'am, you're in the recovery room now." oh boy! it seems I just took a long, deep nap.

Around 2pm, They sent us home, still dizzy and didn't feel good. The Dr. advice me not to work for 2 weeks. I'm hungry but the only food I can put in my mouth are usually liquids like juice, jello, apple sauce, ice cream, and popsicles.

Right now, My throat still sore- hopefully everything will be fine as the days go by.

God bless

If any one want to know about tonsillectomy: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/presentations/100122_1.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment