Wednesday, July 15, 2009

working at school


Working at a school in the USA makes me happy, although there are times I want to give up.(but quitting is not in my genes! AJA!). As we all know, the kids in America is not like in the Philippines. I hate to compare, but that's the truth. Three years ago, I worked in kindergarden as Teacher's Assistant, which was my first job in the school system. At first, I was so excited, nervous, and VERY worried. I was so glad that the teacher I was assigned to work with was so nice. Believe it or not, I was, at 5'0 tall, taller than the teacher! The students were very cute and adorable. There were times some of the students cried and they said things like, " I want my mama, I want to go home." One incident that I will not forget was when one of the kids told me "why you talked like that, are you from England?" hahaha, you know Filipino accent.

In the following two years, I worked in first grade and then second grade. I was so glad that some of the kids that I worked with in kindergarden were also in our class in first grade. I was comfortable and used to them. This past year, I worked in second grade and still had some students who I had in Kindergarden and first grade. I'm glad I work in the school because aside from earning money, it has helped me a lot to know learn about America, about their children and culture -- things that until now, I couldn't understand. Also, it has helped me a lot to gain more confidence and learn the American language.

Next school year, I don't know what grade I will be working with but one thing for sure, Í am VERY excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment